Cleveland Heights-University Heights Board of Education
4-year Term Salary: $0 Elect: 2
CANDIDATES: JAMES POSCH BEVERLY WRIGHT
Questions for CH-UH Board of Education:
1. Describe the most important issues the school board must address to improve the CH/UH schools and how you as a board member would try to address them.
2. This winter the board passed a resolution titled "Time to Teach, Time to Learn." What are your thoughts on this resolution? What action should the board take to implement the points made? (The resolution can be found on the district's website under "Board Docs.")
3. Is the State of Ohio doing enough to support local schools financially? Please explain your response.
4. Regarding school district properties, what challenges are presented by the existence of closed or closing schools and other buildings?
5. Are there particular state educational policies you would like to comment on?
Click on the candidate name below to view the candidate's answers to the questions:
League of Women Voters
The 2019 Voters Guide to Candidates and Issues is published as a public service by the League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland, CH-UH and FutureHeights. The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to encourage the informed participation by citizens in government. FutureHeights is a nonprofit community development organization. Election Day is Nov. 5, 2019. Polls are open 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.