CH-UH schools host kindergarten info nights
Beginning Feb. 27, each Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District elementary school will host a Kindergarten Information Night for incoming and prospective families.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the school principals and teachers, ask questions, and tour the buildings. Several of the schools will also offer dinner, and childcare or playtime services.
To find the school that corresponds to your place of residence, use the district’s online interactive boundary map.
Here is a list, by date, of each elementary school’s info. night:
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 6:30–7:30 p.m., Boulevard Elementary School, 1749 Lee Road. Light refreshments and activities for children will be provided.
- Wednesday, March 6, 6–7 p.m., Roxboro Elementary School, 2405 Roxboro Road. During the presentation for parents, children will meet in a kindergarten classroom for crafts and a chance to meet future classmates. After information night, families are encouraged to tour the school, visit the book fair and attend Roxboro Elementary Multicultural Night.
- Thursday, March 7, 6–7:30 p.m.. Gearity Elementary School, 2323 Wrenford Road. Dinner 6–6:30 p.m. Parents and students will then tour the classrooms and partake in kindergarten games 6:30–7 p.m., concluding with an information/Q&A session 7–7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 6–7:30 p.m. Noble Elementary School, 1293 Ardoon Street. Light refreshments and childcare will be provided.
- Thursday, March 21, 5:30–7:30 p.m. Canterbury Elementary School, 2530 Canterbury Road. Dinner 5:30–6 p.m., playdate 6–6:30 p.m., and informational meeting 6:30–7:30 p.m. (childcare will be provided during that time).
- Thursday, March 21, 6:30–8 p.m. Fairfax Elementary School, 3150 Fairfax Road. Dinner 5:30–6:15 p.m., during Fairfax Literacy Night (all are welcome).
- Thursday, April 4, 6–7:15 p.m. Oxford Elementary School, 939 Quilliams Road. Pizza and punch served 6–6:30 p.m.; building tour, kindergarten information and activities 6:30–7 p.m. Q&A session 7–7:15 p.m. Childcare will be provided.
Cathan Cavanaugh is the communications administrative assistant for the Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District.