Cleveland Heights - University Heights Public Library Board of Trustees meeting highlights 1-22-2018
JANUARY 22, 2018
- Financial report
- Communications report
- Sara Anne Gornick
- Passport applications
Present were President Abby Botnick, Vice President Chris Mentrek, Secretary James Roosa, Max Gerboc, Suzann Moskowitz, Vikas Turakhia and Dana Fluellen.
The library's fiscal officer reviewed the December financial statements. Total cash balance across the operating accounts, Bauer Fund accounts, and investment accounts at the end of December was $11,694,681.20. The board accepted the December financial report.
Communications Director Sheryl Banks provided an update on the libraries web and social media statistics.
For the Website Quarterly Report(October, November, December 2017):
- Unique visitors are down by 6 percent from the last quarter. This happens each year due to the holidays.
- December’s unique visits were the highest seen in the last five years.
- Overall visits are also down, nearly 4 percent (21,085) from last quarter’s average of 21,943. This suggests that more people are using the site and finding what they need quickly.
For the Social Media Quarterly Update (October, November, December 2017):
- Facebook fans rose about 3 percent, from 2,684 to 2,734.
- Twitter followers were up by 3 percent, from 1,481 to 1,515; favorites and retweets continue.
- Instagram followers were up by 20 percent, from 255 at the end of September to 320 at the end of December.
Sara Anne Gornick
Sara Anne Gornick has retired. A resolution honoring her 41 years of service was presented.
U.S. passport application processing is a new service that will be offered to patrons. The service will be delivered out of the circulation departments in all four library locations. Staff training will start in April. To meet U.S. passport provider rules and staffing, part-time circulation assistants’ hours have increased from 16 hours per week to 20 hours per week.
Next meeting will be held at the Lee Road Library on Monday, Feb. 19, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
LWV Observer: Khaliah Fisher-Grace.
To receive regular email postings of full reports, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or join through Google groups using “lwv-chuh observer reports” as a search phrase.
These reports contain member observation and selected highlights of public meetings and are not official statements of the Heights Chapter of the League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland. This disclaimer must accompany any redistribution of these reports.