Elizabeth Keyes Churchill House
One of the first residences constructed in what became the Ambler Heights allotment, the Elizabeth Keys Churchill house is set far back from Chestnut Hills Drive and likely slightly older than that street.
The house is up the hill from Cedar Glen Parkway. Its original entrance faced the glen, but a reconfiguration of the rooms changed it to facing the street, though set far back from it.
The grand Tudor Revival home is notable for its combination of narrow wooden clapboards on the first story and half-timbering on the second.
Later homes in the neighborhood are predominantly of masonry construction, showing a change in materials as the neighborhood progressed over several decades.
Designed by Alfred Granger and completed in 1896, the Elizabeth Keys Churchill house was designated a Cleveland Heights landmark in 2007.
Ken Goldberg is a member of the Cleveland Heights Landmark Commission, which preserves and protects buildings, works of art and other objects of historical or architectural value to the community. The commission's seven members are appointed to three-year terms by CH City Council.