University Heights Mayor
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS MAYOR
4-year Term Salary: $75,500 Elect: 1
CANDIDATES: MICHAEL DYLAN BRENNAN SUSAN INFELD
Questions for University Heights Mayor:
1. What do you see as an ideal relationship in terms of balance of power between the mayor and members of council?
2. There has been a high rate of turnover in the various administrative positions in the city. Is this an area of concern for the city? If so, how might you address it as mayor?
3. Historically, the mayor has also served as the safety director for University Heights. Please speak to the pros and/or cons of combining those two positions for city governance.
4. With the Ohio budget in flux, and worries that the federal budget will be cut, how do you think the city should address financial issues impacting city services and the quality of life for city residents?
5. Some University Heights residents have expressed concerns about crime and abandoned properties in parts of the city. What will you do to ensure that our citizens feel safe in their neighborhoods and confident that the city is working to address their concerns?
Click on the candidate name below to view the candidate's answers to the questions:
View video of the Oct. 18 LWV/FutureHeights 2017 Candidates Forum here.
League of Women Voters
The 2017 Voters Guide to Candidates and Issues is published as a public service by the League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland, CH-UH and FutureHeights. The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to encourage the informed participation by citizens in government. FutureHeights is a nonprofit community development organization. Election Day is Nov. 7, 2017. Polls are open 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.