Cleveland Heights City Council
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS — COUNCIL AT LARGE
4- year Term Salary: $9,270 (Mayor – $11,840) Elect: 4
CANDIDATES: T. NADAS JASON STEIN CHERYL L. STEPHENS MIKE UNGAR RAY DOUGLAS WILSON (WRITE-IN CANDIDATE) MELISSA YASINOW
Questions for Cleveland Heights City Council:
1. Why do you want to serve on the Cleveland Heights City Council? What skills and and qualities do you bring to the table?
2. What do you see as the top two or three issues or opportunities facing Cleveland Heights? How, as a member of city council, would you work on these issues?
3. What can city government do to improve commercial development? What are your opinions about incentives to developers, such as tax abatement and the use of city-owned land?
4. How will you address safety and quality-of-life issues in Cleveland Heights neighborhoods?
5. With the Ohio budget in flux and the probability that the federal budget will be cut, how do you think council should address financial issues impacting city services and the quality of life for city residents?
Click on the candidate name below to view the candidate's answers to the questions:
View video of the Oct. 18 LWV/FutureHeights 2017 Candidates Forum here.
League of Women Voters
The 2017 Voters Guide to Candidates and Issues is published as a public service by the League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland, CH-UH and FutureHeights. The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to encourage the informed participation by citizens in government. FutureHeights is a nonprofit community development organization. Election Day is Nov. 7, 2017. Polls are open 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.