Cleveland Heights candidates for council at large
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS COUNCIL AT LARGE
Term: 4 years Salary: $9270 (Mayor - $11,840) Elect 3
CANDIDATES: MARY DUNBAR JULIE LOVE TAS NADAS CAROL ANN ROE KAHLIL SEREN KEBA SYLLA
1. What is the most important thing that city government must address to improve life in Cleveland Heights? How would you, as a member of City Council, work to make that happen?
2. Discuss your opinion about privatizing city services, including, but not limited to, the water department.
3. Considering recent cuts in state funding to local governments and the elimination of the estate tax, what are some creative ways to increase revenue? Please comment on the 0.25% income tax hike which will be on the ballot.
4. How should the city approach new residential and commercial developement? What are your opinions about incentives to developers such as tax abatements and the use of city-owned land?
5. City Council is a group of people who come together to address issues, conduct business, and create opportunities for the community. What skills and qualities do you bring to the table? Why do you want to serve on the Cleveland Heights City Council?
Click on the candidate name below to view the candidate's answers to the questions:
League of Women Voters
The LWV Voters Guide 2015 is published as a public service by the League of Women Voters Cuyahoga Area - CH-UH Chapter and FutureHeights. The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to encourage the informed participation by citizens in government. Election Day is Nov. 3, 2015. Polls are open 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.