Coventry Village holiday festival set for Dec. 13
The Coventry Village neighborhood encourages everyone to shop local and get in the holiday spirit with a full day of free holiday events.
The Coventry Village Holiday Festival will take place on Saturday, Dec. 13, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. All events are free and open to the public. Visitors can enjoy free parking at meters all weekend or take a complimentary ride on Lolly the Holiday Trolley, which will loop between Coventry, Cedar Lee and Cedar Fairmount districts, 6–9 p.m. that evening.
Coventry Village holiday festivities include:
- Classic holiday cartoons from the 1930s through the 1960s, in the Centrum Theater (daytime event)
- “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” in the Centrum Theater (evening event)
- Holiday photo booth with Santa and his Merry Elves
- Coventry merchant holiday window contest—take a stroll down Coventry Road and vote for your favorite!
- Kids’ holiday crafts
- Winter storytime
- Holiday karaoke, community caroling (Join in the fun!) and poetry
- Holiday storytellers and poets roaming through the shops and on the streets
- Ugly-sweater bar crawl, led by Coventry Claus
- Complimentary gift wrapping and more!
In addition to the festival events, the Coventry Village merchants are joining in the fun and will host a variety of unique sales and special events in their stores.
For a full list of special events, times and other details, visit www.coventryvillage.org.
Angela Hetrick is executive director of the Coventry Village Special Improvement District.