Free Wheelin' Wednesday bicycle rides
This popular series of Wednesday-evening bike rides returns this year and is a great way to spend summer evenings. The rides are easy, casual, meandering routes through the Heights, and showcase the community.
Free Wheelin’ Wednesday rides are free and start at 6:30 p.m. at the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Arch (corner of Coventry Road and Euclid Heights Boulevard). Each ride features a different theme. After the rides, the group often visits a bar on Coventry.
This year’s lineup includes:
- June 4: Meandering Ride. No destination, just a mind-clearing tour of Heights neighborhoods. Leader: Mary Dunbar.
- June 18: Forest Hill History. Ride through Forest Hill Park and neighborhood, the former summer home of John D. Rockefeller. Leaders: Joy Henderson and Michael Rotman.
- July 2: Kid-Themed Ride. Ride to some of the Heights's best destinations for kids. Leader: Sarah O’Keeffe and family
- July 16: Pub-Crawl Ride. Ride to a few of the Heights pubs, adults 21 and over. Leader: Tom Ligman.
- July 30: Park Synagogue and Environs. Learn about this historic synagogue. Leaders: Bert and Alice Stratton.
- Aug. 13: Family-Paced Shaker Lakes Ride. After more than 100 years as parkland, the Shaker Lakes remain a draw for families. Leader: Greg Jolivette.
- Aug. 27: Rain date for any rides that are canceled due to weather
Rides are sponsored by the Heights Bicycle Coalition. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Heights Bicycle Coalition was formed in 2010, and works to make the Heights more bicycle friendly. The group encourages residents to ride bicycles for fun, and as a sustainable, healthy form of transportation.