Cleveland Heights City Council Candidates
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS - COUNCIL AT LARGE
4 Year Term Salary: $9,270 (Mayor - $11,840) Vote for 4
CANDIDATES: JEFF CORYELL, FRAN MENTCH, JASON S. STEIN, CHERYL L. STEPHENS, KEBA SYLLA, MELISSA YASINOW
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS - COUNCIL UTE 12-31-15
CANDIDATE: JANINE R. BOYD
2 year term Salary: $9,270 (Mayor - $11,840) Vote for 1
Questions for Cleveland Heights Council:
1) Describe the most important thing your city government must address to improve life in Cleveland Heights and how you will get it done.
2) Please discuss your stance on the Cleveland Heights-University Heights school bond issue.
3) How should the city approach new development? What are your opinions about land use and incentives to developers including tax abatement and the use of city-owned land?
4) Considering recent state cuts to local government, what are some creative ways to increase revenue?
5) What measures can be taken by city government to intervene or mitigate the negative effects of foreclosures and the current housing market in Cleveland Heights?
6) How do you see the trend toward regionalism and collaboration affecting Cleveland Heights? Please give specific examples.
Click on the links below to see each candidate's responses to the questions: