Free Wheelin' Wednesday bike rides
This summer, Heights Bicycle Coalition will again host Wednesday-evening rides that showcase our community. These are social rides open to cyclists of all ages. The rides often conclude at a local restaurant or pub for refreshments.
Meet your neighbors and learn more about your community. With most destinations within a few miles via 25-mph tree-lined side streets, the Heights area is ideal for getting around by bike. "Plus," noted longtime cyclist Greg Donley, "you notice the little things, like the sounds of birds, the smell of fresh-cut grass, and the strikingly varied textures of Heights-area road surfaces." Join us for a these fun rides!
Free Wheelin' Wednesday rides start from the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Park at 6:30 p.m.
- June 12: Little Free Library—ride to three Heights Library mini book houses in the Fairfax, Canterbury and Noble neighborhoods, led by Sarah O’Keeffe.
- June 26: Tour of Heights Community Gardens, led by Alice Stratton.
- July 10: Forest Hill Park Neighborhood History and the Rockefeller Family Connection, led by Joy Henderson.
- July 24: Cleveland Heights Pub Crawl, including the BottleHouse Brewery, Rockefeller's Restaurant, Melt Bar & Grilled and Winking Lizard Tavern, led by Tom Ligman.
- Aug. 14: Wade Oval Potluck—ride to University Circle for a potluck picnic and Wade Oval Wednesday concert, with music by Otis & The Shoreway Saints (Rock/Motown/British Mod), led by Lee Reis.
- Aug. 28: Democracy in Action—Civil Rights History of Cleveland Heights, led by Susie Kaeser and Joy Henderson.
All rides are finished by dusk. Please wear a helmet.
Heights Bicycle Coalition
The Heights Bicycle Coalition was formed in the spring of 2010 and works to encourage citizens to ride their bicycle for fun, fitness and transportation.