Candidate for University Heights Council - Thomas Cozzens
THOMAS A. COZZENS
2334 S. Belvoir Blvd. 44118 Age: 69
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Administration CSU Levin College of Urban Affairs
Occupation: Retired from CSU
Qualifications: 10 yrs as Director of the Unger International Ctr. For Local Government Leadership
Community: 12 + years on U.H. Board of Zoning Appeals
QUESTIONS and RESPONSES:
1. The most important thing: Retaining vital & viable services in an ever deteriorating economy with continuing reductions in support from state & federal levels of government.
2. Regionalism: Regionalism & collaboration are essential to the future of U.H. Current examples are the COG formed by five municipalities’ police departments & the merger discussions between UH & Shaker Hts. Fire Departments. These collaborations should continue & expand.
3. Housing market: Aggressive enforcement of exterior maintenance of vacant properties.
4. CH-UH levy: I am in favor of the levy. A successful school system is critical to the future of both cities & can help to improve the housing market.
5. Development: the city of U.H. must work closely with businesses & institutions in the city and support initiatives that will facilitate development & retention of existing businesses & institutions.
6. John Carroll: A continuing & open dialogue between the city (administration & council)* to assure that university needs are met with minimum adverse impact on residents. *and university leadership.