Keep your New Year's resolution with Team In Training
It's time once again to reflect on your goals for the New Year. If getting fit and healthy is on your list for 2011, then it's time to join The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training (TNT) program.
There is no better time to get involved. TNT, the world's leading endurance sports charity training program, provides four to five months of certified coaching, a supportive group of teammates and nutritional advice to help you complete a marathon, half marathon, century cycle ride or triathlon. TNT arranges hotel and airfare accommodations to the event of your choice--in locations including San Diego and Lake Tahoe. In exchange, participants raise funds to support cancer research and patient services. And if coaching and cheering from teammates isn't enough to motivate you, every participant trains in honor of a patient battling leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
if you're looking for a program to fit your busy schedule, now there's a TNT Flex, a flexible, online training option developed by TNT's renowned coaches.
"Team In Training is the answer to the broken New Year's resolution," says Amy Pausche, Executive Director, Northern Ohio Chapter. "The program gives you the support you need to get through those moments of weakness when you want to give up. Knowing that you're doing this for patients battling cancer gives you that extra motivation."
Since its inception in 1988, more than 440,000 participants have raised $1 billion to support the LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
"Team in Training provides the structure to stick to your plan," explains Donna Grogan, Vice President, LLS Sports Training Programs, who boiled down five tips to help you achieve your fitness goals this year:
- Do it for yourself, and someone else. Get in the shape of your life while fundraising to find cures for cancers like childhood leukemia.
- Set a goal and don't give up. Choose a concrete, measurable goal, and don't stop until you achieve it.
- Do it with teammates. Exercising alone is no fun. Work out with a friendly, supportive group of people.
- Make friends along the way. Getting fit in a team environment can pay dividends in the form of friendship.
- Participate in a winning program. Joining a structured program built for success, such as Team In Training, will help you succeed.
The Northern Ohio Chapter of LLS is holding information meetings in January and February for summer events including:
- America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride, Lake Tahoe, Nevada
- Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, San Diego, California
- The Greater Cleveland Triathlon, Mentor, Ohio
To join Team In Training, or to simply learn more, go to www.teamintraining.org/noh or call 216-910-1245 to speak with someone at the Northern Ohio Chapter.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.lls.org, or contact the Information Resource Center at 800-955-4572, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.