Event Calendar

Events for Saturday, May 2, 2020

Diversity Center's 18th Annual Walk, Rock & Run
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
The Diversity Centerís 18th Annual Walk, Rock & Run celebrates northeast Ohioís rich diversity. This family friendly event features a 1- and 3-mile walk, chip-timed 5K run, snacks, live entertainment and childrenís activities! All registered participants gain free entry into the Great Lakes Science Center, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and USS Cod Submarine Museum on event day. Proceeds raised from this event help support The Diversity Centerís School & Youth programming, which empowers more than 14,000 youth and youth serving professionals in 11 counties via in-school programs, conferences, and retreats.

Register on-line at www.diversitycenterneo.org/events/walk-rock-run.


Location:
Great Lakes Science Center - 601 Erieside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114
Click here for more information
Free Mobile Pantry Food Giveaway
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables from the Greater Cleveland Food Bank

A mobile pantry is a Greater Cleveland Food Bank truck full of food that is brought to a central location where clients can pick up food, as they would from a regular pantry.

Mobile pantries distribute the healthiest and most nutritious food at the Food Bank. A truck will usually contain 90 percent produce (fruits and vegetables) including apples, cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, oranges, melons, and more. The remaining 10 percent usually consists of bread, yogurt or other donated items. Our truck delivers more than 6,000 lbs. of food to our mobile pantry site.
Location:
First Baptist Church of Greater Cleveland
3630 Fairmount Blvd.
Shaker Heights, OH 44118
Click here for more information
Dugway Brook Stream Sweep
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Litter is a persistent problem in our parks and green spaces, where it is both harmful to the environment and unsightly. Litter such as plastic bags, bottles, food wrappers, Styrofoam, and coffee cups that gets discarded on our streets can enter local waterways through storm drains and ultimately end up in Lake Erie, our source of drinking water. We organize clean-up days in the spring to help maintain our watersheds and green spaces and to give volunteers an opportunity to demonstrate how much they value our urban parks, streams, and waterways.

On Saturday, May 2nd, individuals, families, and community groups will have the chance to show the Dugway Brook and Forest Hill Park some love by pulling trash, debris, and invasive vegetation from the stream corridor and surrounding trails and roadways.

Sign-in/registration begins at 12:30 pm; clean-up runs from 1-3 pm. Gloves and trash bags will be provided, as well as snacks and refreshments. Warm clothing is recommended.
Location:
Volunteers will meet at the north end of the Cleveland Heights Community Center parking lot (1 Monticello Blvd., Cleveland Heights).
Click here for more information